Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Story...


So I read a very interesting (hmm) story book used in the school curriculum in the schools here (not sure which grades though). I wanted to share one of them with you.

The Little Bird that would not stop Flying

Once upon a time, there was a little bird. One day, it learned how to fly. So it said:
-I will never stop flying!
Up, it flew and flew until one of its legs fell off.
-Ahh! That will not stop me from flying! Said the little bird. So, it went on flying until the other leg fell off too.
-I will not stop flying! Said the little bird again.
And it flew and flew until one of its ears fell off. But the little bird said:
-That won’t stop me from flying!
Then it flew and flew and flew until the other ear fell off. Again, it said:
-That will never stop me from flying!
On and on it flew until one of its eyes fell off.
Once more, the little bird said:
-I don’t mind! That will not stop me from flying!
The little bird continued to fly and fly until the other eye fell off too.
Again it said:
-That will not stop me from flying.
It flew and flew and flew until its nose fell off.
Again it said:
-That will never stop me from flying!
And on and on it flew until its belly fell off. It said:
-That would not stop me from flying!
The little bird continued to fly and fly until its chest fell off. Once more, it cried out:
-That would never, never stop me from flying!
So, it went on flying, flying and flying until its back fell off. Yes, the little bird said:
-That shall never stop me from flying!
And it kept on flying and flying until its tail fell off. Again it said:
-I will not stop flying!
The little bird continued to fly and fly until one if its wings dropped off.  Once more it said:
- That shall not stop me from flying!
On and on, the little bird flew and flew and flew until the other wing dropped off also.
And as the little bird fell down, it said:
-That shall not stop me from flying!
But when its beak fell off, the little bird was no more.

Few questions following the story:
·         <…>
·         Why was the beak the last part to fall off?
·         What lesson do you learn from this story?

1 comment: