Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My back door is disappearing slowly slowly


I was fascinated with the mounds that termites build (see below). It looks amazing and the ‘dirt’ they produce is very strong and good to use in building the mud stoves (among other things). It also blows my mind to think that such small creatures can build a mound like that. 

 

Well, my admiration ended when same termites started to consume my back door. Slowly slowly since the summer months I see my door dissapearing. I tried BOP! (chemical), smashing them, hot oil – nothing worked. Pouring boiling water down the holes got rid of them but just temporary.  It does not help that my back yeard is infested by them too. Eh, so when I came back from the trip to Senegal, this is what I found: 


















1 comment:

  1. Do the termites eat everyone's house? What are the other people's houses made of?

    ReplyDelete